We’re in the midst of a fast-paced, digitally oriented world where the customer expectations are increasing and the number of communication channels is expanding. The chat channel is a favorite for customers, but it can lose effectiveness if it exists within a silo.
Below, we’ve provided five stats that demonstrate the reasons why companies must focus on integrating and utilizing chat to deliver an effortless customer experience.
1. 9 out of 10 customers expect to receive a consistent experience over multiple contact channels (eDigital). No matter what channel or device, phone, mobile, or laptop, the expectation for the customer is that they’ll experience the same level of service.
2. 83% of customers require some type of support when making online transactions (eConsultancy). Providing the right information at the right time via chat can turn a consumer into a customer.
3. 91% of consumers who’ve used chat are satisfied with its ability to resolve service or tech support issues, aid in their online product-buying decisions, and answers questions in a timely manner (The Wall Street Journal). Instead of searching through the website for the information they seek, customers can engage in chat to receive answers quickly.
4. 94% of customers who have a low-effort service experience will buy from that same company again (CEB). Make it simple for your customers to chat on any device, while providing an easy transition if they need to move to another channel.
5. 81% of companies with strong capabilities and competencies for delivering customer experience excellence are outperforming their competition (Peppers & Rogers Group). Companies who understand the communication preferences of customers are using the tools and technology available to deliver an excellent experience, which is paying off in a big way for the business and its customers.
As you can surmise upon reviewing the stats above, providing consumers with the option to engage with your business over the chat channel is imperative to delivering an exceptional experience. But, as technology continues to evolve and influence the ways in which we communicate, companies need to begin thinking ahead to the next generation of customers.
Start the ball rolling by watching a recording of Getting Serious About Chat webinar to learn how chat is adapting and integrating with the latest developments in technology. Click here.