How does AI powered self-service help agents and customers?
Self-service has a number of benefits for both customers and employees in the contact center. For customers, self-service can provide a convenient and efficient way to resolve issues without having to speak to a representative. This can save customers time and frustration, and can also help them resolve issues more quickly. For employees, self-service can help reduce the workload and improve the efficiency of the contact center. It can also help employees provide better customer service by allowing them to focus on more complex issues.
- Easily create effective call flows: Once a contact center is transformed by adopting a self-service strategy, more effective call flows can be created. Due to self-service, taking care of the more straightforward issues, the human agents can address the more complex problems relatively quickly.
- Embrace conversational text channels: Conversational text channels enable companies to provide a human experience to customers without actually involving humans. With the advent of Natural Language Processing, it’s possible to communicate more contextually with customers. It’s also possible to allow customers to details their problem and then use machine learning to analyze the text and classify the issue to a preset category. Once a problem is successfully categorized, it can be solved easily.
- Volume of simple, repetitive task: Customer self-service implementation can free agents from simple repetitive tasks. This can substantially bring out overall call volumes, which would translate directly to cost savings.
- Rising customer expectations: Customer self-service platforms enable customers to get resolutions faster. It leads to a positive perception of a brand. It also raises customer expectations and can effectively become a factor that provides a firm competitive advantage.
- More service, with lower cost: Customer self-service helps firms deliver more service volume at a lower cost. Each time an issue is resolved via self-service, a potential call with an agent is averted. This can directly be translated to dollar savings. Firms can also save on fixed costs by cutting down on contact center fixed assets in the long run.
- Self-reliant consumers: Lastly, self-service platforms help to create more self-reliant customers. In high involvement products, a robust self-service platform enables customers to understand the features better and integrate the product firmly with the customer’s requirements. Self-reliant customers are less likely to switch.
Improve customer loyalty with AI powered self-service
With the advent of AI, self-service platforms have become even more effective. Customers can now get relatively more complex issues resolved through Self-service. Here are some guidelines on improving self-service platform using AI:
- Make IVR conversations feel natural: AI can make IVR conversations sound natural. While IVRs have been around for quite some time – customers do prefer talking to something more human. We can train IVRs using AI to have effective conversations with customers. Through speech recognition technology, IVRs can be designed where callers can state their responses and not click on buttons.
- Go beyond voice services: Not all agents are similar in terms of capabilities. Voice services often fail due to messy conversations with incapable agents. AI can help analyze an issue and guide the caller to the best-fit agent.
- Design self-service journeys with ease: It’s important to understand that all callers are not equally savvy. While designing a self-service journey, it is crucial to ensure that the needs of the less-savvy callers receive due consideration. AI enables easy separation of the signal from the noise leading to better problem recognition.
- Protect your investment: Finally, it’s essential to build on top of your existing tech infrastructure. AI-based self-service contact centers can be built on top of existing CRMs and other technologies by partnering with the right implementation company.
Supercharge customer self-service with 7.ai Engagement Platform
7.ai Engagement Cloud™ is built for the next generation contact centers. It is a SaaS platform that helps you automate conversations across multiple channels such as chat, messages and voice.
Using 7.ai Engagement cloud platform, you can deliver a consistent customer experience, while saving on interaction cost and eventually achieving happier customers and agents.